PLATFORM PRODUCT ANALYST
|Date Posted||02/08/2012||Ref No.||5248|
|Closing Date||05/10/2012||Contact||Gregor Ormond, Divisional Director|
An exciting opportunity has arisen with one of our clients in Edinburgh. The successful candidate will be responsible with ensuring the continued smooth running of the platform business through the provision of product technical support and guidance to the servicing, operational, business development, marketing and PR functions. Our platform business comprises SIPPs, ISAs and Dealing Accounts.
- Deal with product technical enquiries from the business development, servicing and operational teams in a professional and timely manner.
- Support the Platform Proposition Manager deliver the product strategy and support implementation of the marketing plan.
- Pro-actively keep up to date with regulatory changes, ensuring there is good internal and external communications on changes to rules and regulations, including, where appropriate, training on changes.
- Ensure that product documentation, internal procedures, standard documentation and forms are updated from a technical perspective as a result in change in legislation or regulation.
- Pro-actively identify possible business or PR opportunities arising as a result of regulatory changes or from other technical issues.
- Draft technical articles for internal or external publications.
- Draft and, where required, deliver technical presentations to internal and/or external audiences.
- Be the company’s main Association of Member-Directed Pension Schemes (AMPS), TISA, AMPCIMs and ARIES contact, ensuring meetings are attended (where required).
- Maintain a log of issues raised, responses given and legal advice obtained.
- Support and lead platform related projects, as required .
- Review platform / product related documents, including promotional material, product documentation and operational procedures from a product technical perspective for technical sign off.
- Ensure the product related documents for which Product Technical has responsibility are reviewed on a regular basis and kept up-to-date.
- Carry out training, both internally and externally, as required from time to time.
- Report to the Platform Proposition Manager knowledge of any risks that are not already recognised and recorded.
- Report, both to the Platform Proposition Manager and the Risk Manager, any actual operational risk events or ‘near misses’ that occur.
- Keep up to date with changes to rules and regulations affecting our platform products.
- Keep up to date with other regulatory issues affecting.
- Respond to product related consultation papers, where appropriate.
- Professional manner.
- Good time manager, with ability to prioritise.
- Attention to detail.
- Show initiative.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detailed understanding of the pension and ISA markets and the regulatory environment in which operates.
- Detailed understanding of all platform products and a general understanding of other products in the marketplace.
- Proven product experience (Pensions and ISAs)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook Express and Powerpoint.