BUSINESS ANALYST - ICON SPECIALIST
|Date Posted||16/08/2012||Ref No.||5273|
|Closing Date||29/11/2012||Contact||Mike Stirton, Divisional Director|
One of our client’s has a new and challenging opportunity for an experienced business Analyst with prior experience of using the Icon Report Writer application, within the securities/fund services industry, to join their team in Edinburgh on a contract basis.
- To work as part of a project team to support client reporting extracts from Linedata’s ICON system.
- To develop and maintain data imports/exports, reports, interfaces and small scale applications which
- Support the delivery of data to clients either in support of BAU clients or new client projects
- Analyse requirements, document and agree specifications, perform development and unit testing, and implement in collaboration with the project team
- Compose full system documentation, change documentation, and provide input to User/Procedure Documentation.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and reporting, and actively contribute expertise and knowledge, to facilitate change and guide development direction within projects.
- Working within a team environment but mainly solely responsible for individual projects. Some element of Leadership of small project-oriented tasks may be required.
- Reports into the Head of Business Applications however task management from various project.
- Acquiring and Maintaining an excellent working knowledge of the various Core Systems, tools and techniques employed.
- Acquiring and Maintaining an excellent working knowledge of the Fund Services Business and Product, industry initiatives and environment.
- Future-Proofing the team output, aligning with Product Direction, and maintaining efficiency by minimising the resource impact of change.
- For individual output, maintaining an excellent level of throughput, and ensuring quality standards are maintained.
- Following established best-practice in development, testing and any management responsibilities, and ensuring process, product and systems efficiency is positively impacted.
- Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills, and the ability to identify multiple possible approaches and assess their relative cost/benefit.
- Positive attitude, self-motivating, and proactive
- Detailed knowledge of the ICON accounting system provided by Linedata.
- Practical experience/knowledge of the Securities industry, and preferably knowledge of the Fund Services/TPA business in particular.
- Proven experience in full lifecycle development roles, with experience of RAD or other fast delivery methodologies/environments.
- Proven development experience/skill with Icon Report Writer at expert level is highly desirable,
- Proven experience in analysis, design, testing and release management.
- Proven abilities in the soft-skill sphere especially around time-management, documentation and requirements gathering.
- Structured approach to development planning and progress reporting, defect resolution/tracking and risk/issues management.
- Entitled to work in the UK.